Our breadth of knowledge and experience
We know that working with a financial planning firm requires you to put a great deal of trust in someone else. We want to do everything we can to assure you that your trust is well-placed. And while qualifications aren’t everything, ours do point to the quality of our advice. Take a look at our accreditations and what they mean for you as a client.
Chartered Financial Planner
Chartered status represents the ‘gold standard’ of financial planning and is one of the highest levels of professionalism in the industry.
Why choose a Chartered Financial Planner:
- They have demonstrated that they possess very high levels of technical knowledge through professional qualifications.
- They have shown a commitment to ongoing development of knowledge and skills.
- They have demonstrated an adherence to ethical conduct.
Registered Life Planner
Chris is both a Registered Life Planner (RLP) and a Life Planning Master, having studied with the Kinder Institute for five years. This gives him the specialist knowledge and experience to help clients realise their goals and understand that there is more to life than money.
Certified Financial Planner™
The CISI CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM certification is the only globally recognised mark of professionalism for financial planners, and one which only a small number of UK planners hold.
Why choose a Certified Financial PlannerTM:
- They have proven the technical accuracy of their advice.
- They have displayed rigorous international competency
- They have demonstrated objective, expert, and trusted financial planning advice.
The Pension Transfer Gold Standard
We’re proud to be a firm that’s achieved the Pension Transfer Gold Standard: a voluntary code of good practice as set out by the Personal Finance Society (PFS).
Firms that adopt the Pension Transfer Gold Standard must:
- Have regulatory permissions for provisions or pension transfer advice. Therefore, we have demonstrated high levels of the financial and technical knowledge required to appropriately advise on pension transfers.
- Not currently be under any form of ongoing regulatory sanction by the regulator or accredited body in this field of advice. You can, therefore, rest assured that we operate to the highest standards.
- Have adopted all the principles of the Pension Transfer Gold Standard without exception. Accordingly, you can have confidence that we will uphold the above principles.
Chris is one of only a handful of financial planners in the UK to be ISO 22222 certified. The only international quality standard for financial planning, it’s the global benchmark for professional excellence.
- Ethical principles and planning
- Competence and experience
- Compliance and risk management
- Information security and data protection
- Continual improvement
Quality means doing it right when no one else is looking.
The guidance and/or advice contained in this website is subject to UK regulatory regime and is, therefore, restricted to consumers based in the UK.
Otus Financial Planning is a trading style of Otus Financial Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Otus Financial Ltd. registered in England and Wales company registration number 7540565.